Aerial Bunched Cables
Aerial Bunched Cables (ABC) is a very novel concept for Over Head Power distribution. When compared to the conventional bare conductor over head distribution system. ABC provides higher safety and reliability, lower power losses and ultimate system economy by reducing installation, maintenance and operative cost. This system is ideal for rural distribution and specially attractive for installation in difficult terrains such as hilly areas, forest areas, coastal areas etc.
Aerial Bunched Cables is also considered to be the best choice for power distribution congested urban areas with narrow lanes and by – lanes. In developing urban complex, Aerial Bunched Cables is the better choice because of flexibility for rerouting as demanded by changes in urban development plan.
Aerial Bunched Cables
|Operating Temperature||-40 Deg C to +90 Deg C|
LT AB Cable
- In electricity theft prone areas.
- As replacement of bare lines in rural are & narrow street with limited space.
- As replacement of bare lines where reliabilities of support is of prime importance.
- In hilly terrain here cost of erection of overhead lines or under ground cable becomes very high.
- As reinforcement of existing system with increase in voltage/current carrying capacity.
- For temporary supplies.
In comparison with bare overhead distribution line AB Cable has very high reliability in maintaining power services because power and neutral conductors are insulated with the best dielectric, resulting in the following advantages:
- Less fault rate on account of good protection against line and ground faults by high winding falling trees or birds specially in hilly areas and forests.
- High insulation resistance to earth in all seasons. Negligible leakage currents and low losses.
- Multiplexer circuits of power and telephone cables could be in the same set of poles.
- Better adaptability to laid besides with existing overhead bare conductor system without any interference.
- High capacitance and low inductance leading to low impedance of lines.
- Lower voltage drop, higher current carrying capacities vis-à-vis better voltage regulations.
- Longer spans and longer distance lines are possible with better system stability.
- AB cables are much safer than bare conductors.
- It can be laid in dense vegetation and forest areas.
- Additional connections can be easily and quickly made with hot line connectors.
- Overall lines cost is reduced.
- Maintenance is very convenient.
- Very difficult to tap the AB cables, thus reducing theft which leads to lower distribution losses.
- Since, the tension from the current carrying conductor is totally removed by introduction of messenger wire, the operating temperature of the conductor is 90 degree Celsius as against to 75 Degree Celsius thereby allowing AB cable to carry current equivalent to that of bare conductor of the same size.
LV AB cables manufactured by Dynamic Cables meets the requirements of all international standards like ASTM, BS, IEC, NFC, etc.
Composition & Designation of LT Aerial Bunched Cables:
|Designation||Complete Bunched Cable|
|Approx. Overall Dia mm||Approx. Total Mass Kg/Km|
|3C x 16 mm2 + 25 mm2 + 16 mm2||20||320|
|3C x 25 mm2 + 25 mm2 + 16 mm2||23||410|
|3C x 35 mm2 + 25 mm2 + 16 mm2||25||500|
|3C x 50 mm2 + 35 mm2 + 16 mm2||30||690|
|3C x 50 mm2 + 35 mm2 + 16 mm2||34||915|
|3C x 95 mm2 + 70 mm2 + 16 mm2||39||1195|
|3C x 120 mm2 + 70 mm2 + 16 mm2||44||1485|
Note: We can manufacture Aerial Bunched cable as per customer’s requirement meeting the National/ International specifications
Electric Aerial Bunched Cables
|Maximum Conductor Temperature||80 Deg C|
|Maximum Short Circuit Temperature||250 Deg C|
16 Sqmm LT AB Aerial Bunched Cable
25 SQ MM LT AB Aerial Bunched Cable
50 Sq Mm Lt AB Aerial Bunched Cable
Low Voltage Aerial Bunched Cable
3x95+1x70+1x16 sqmm AB Cable
95 sq mm Aerial Bunched Cable